More Information ...
The Blizzard 3 Layer Trauma Blanket is the new standard in thermal protection for casualties. This extra-large blanket wraps around a casualty and seals with a self-adhesive closure. It can easily be re-opened for the examination of the casualty or medical intervention.
It provides the total warmth and weather protection associated with our Reflexcell™ material, reducing shock and guarding against the risk of hypothermia in all conditions.
- Size (vacuum packed): 20 cm x 11 cm x 5 cm.
- Weight: 430 grams.
- Size (unpacked): 2.35 meters x 2.4 metres (fully stretched).
- Colour: Green or Orange.
- Reinforced edges for maximum strength.
- Extra large.
- Easy-to-use resealable self-adhesive closure along the full length.
- Warmth: 7.5 Togs – equal to a medium weight regular sleeping bag.
- Weather protection: fully waterproof and windproof.
- Storage: blankets may be stored indefinitely, and are not affected by temperature or moisture, either during storage or in use.
- Portability: small packed size means the Blizzard Survival Blanket takes up very little room in a personal emergency pack or vehicle.
- Re-usability: blankets can be re-used many times without loss of performance.
First Aid, Mountain Rescue & Military Trauma Care
The Blizzard Survival Blanket is recommended as the first choice for keeping casualties warm by the 2007 Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support Military Version Sixth Edition (PHTLS Military Version 6E), produced by the globally respected National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT).
PHTLS says medics’ initial response to trauma cases should be: “After any immediate life-threatening issues are addressed, wet clothes should be replaced with dry clothes, if possible, and the casualty should be wrapped in a Blizzard Survival Blanket.”
Versatile & Effective
It is often impractical to manoeuvre an injured person in a sleeping bag, so some form of wrap-around insulation must be used instead. The Blizzard Survival Blanket is first opened, then the casualty placed on top of it. The blanket can then be wrapped around and re-sealed using the self-adhesive closure provided, to give full thermal and weather protection.
The blanket contains 50% more material than the Blizzard Survival Bag, enabling it to protect all including those wearing thick clothing, life jackets, etc. The self-adhesive closure works in cold and wet conditions and can be opened and re-sealed many times
By carefully sealing the blanket to form a tube it can be used as a sleeping bag for one or two persons (particularly useful for re-warming chilled casualties). Carry a small roll of duct tape to help “sculpt” the blanket into any desired shape, reinforce holes, mend slight damage, etc. The blanket can also be sealed around an ambulant casualty, affording them a high degree of protection, yet allowing them to walk. Armholes can be cut if necessary.
Note: Due to the nature of the materials, there may be some slight variation in the size and weight of both the packed and unpacked products. All photography is for illustration only and may not be a true representation of the product.